Due to our ongoing expansion plans, we have a requirement for experienced Porter/Driver to join our professional team.
We consider this to be a key role in our business and we are seeking smart, experienced porters with a proven ability to work effectively at all levels.
Salary £18,000 per annum
Holiday 20 days plus 8 days for bank holidays
There are opportunities for progression for the right people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out UK and European direct road removals as part of a competent crew
- To assist with packing or unpacking of clients’ possessions
- To ensure that all job sheets are adhered to and contact with clients maintained; where this is not possible to ensure that both the operations department and client are kept aware of any required change to schedule or change to job requirements.
- To assist as part of a packing or unpacking team at a client’s home of their household goods
- To ensure that all paperwork related to daily activities is completed in an accurate and timely manner and returned to the office at the end of each shift
- To ensure that company vehicles and equipment are kept clean, tidy and consideration shown for the next crews to use the vehicle
- To ensure all paperwork and material checks are completed on a daily basis before leaving the depot
Skills and Qualifications
- Full UK driving licence (clean) – required, not preferred
- Experienced packer and wrapper, export wrapping high desirable
- Physically fit and able
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- A high focus on customer service
- Willing and able to work away in the UK and Europe
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Export packing and wrapping: 1 year (Required)
- Removals: 1 year (Required)
- Full UK Driving Licence (Preferred)